Friday, November 26, 2021

BE A CHEERFUL GIVER!


I have discovered the cure for deep sadness or even depression.

Let us consider depression. Depression is at times a physical problem and a person is tormented with thoughts. Many times suicide. Depression is a complete lack of peace and joy. This condition could be caused by personal sin, or sin in the blood line. I consider depression to be a condition of having lost faith and trust in our most generous Creator Yehovah. He is generous. He sent His only Son Yehoshua to die and rise again from the dead in order to Redeem us from our sin.

Many people will celebrate His birthday on December 25 every year. Of course, we know, that this is not His Birthday, for we now know for sure, that Yehoshua was actually born April 1, or the first day of the Biblical Calendar.

We also know that all sun god worshipers will celebrate that day to their false god. I had to pray about this and asked Yehoshua (Jesus) how does He feels about this. I understood that He looks at the heart, and if they are indeed honoring Him, not the gifts on Christmas, and not the great dinners, or the football on television, He will accept them no matter what day of the week or month they honor Him. His answer settled my issue.


As already mentioned, Yehovah is generous, in fact He is the most generous Being in the universe! He has given us life, and ability to live with the body He has given us. He has given us air to breath, and He answers our unselfish prayers. The list goes on and on.


Since we are His children, we have in us His DNA. Every believer who has had her sins washed in the blood of Yehoshua HaMashiach, (Yehoshua the Messiah) should be very generous for it is in our DNA!


Why then we still see believers who do not even give the ten percent to Him, in thanksgiving for giving us the paycheck in the first place? But today I am speaking behind the tithe which belongs to Him alone, and if we refuse to give it we are stealing from our Creator. Such people are never going to experience the joy Yehovah has for them.


From experience, by looking on people around me, I can say that when people hold on to money, without considering the poor around them, they are selfish, and that can cause them to loose their inner joy they should have, and even get depressed because they are sinning!

I am speaking especially to believers in Yehoshua (Jesus). I have noticed the most happy ones are those who give sacrificially!

First all let us read one verse in the gospel of Luke which records the very words of Yehoshua.


Give and it shall be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

Luqas/Luke 6:38

Now, why would not a christian first of all pay the tithes, (See Mal’aki/Malachi 3:8-10) and next give offerings to the poor and or a worthy ministry, when Yehovah has given us such a great promise? It is obvious that Satan is blinding the eyes of the believers in order to keep them in bondage under his control. When they do not give Satan has the legal right to afflict them with sicknesses and poverty. At the same time it is damaging the Kingdom of Yehovah by depriving the faithful to proclaim the Name of Yehovah and of Yehoshua all over the world. Think on this for a while.


Let us read a few more verses now, and I hope it will light a light in your heart as you read. The apostle Shaul is writing to the Corinthians to remind them of the promise they make to give to the Macedonians.

Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren to go to you ahead of time, and prepare you generous gift before hand, which you had previously promised, that it may be ready as a matter of generosity and not as a grudging obligation. But this I say: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for Elohim loves a cheerful giver. And Elohim (God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. As it is written: He has dispersed abroad, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever.”

Qorin’tiyim 2/2 Corinthians 9:5-9


I want to mention that many times believers are asked by ministries to give the same amount they pledge monthly, so that they can receive a CD in the mail every month. I have done this and it is not good. Some months I have had other obligations and it had become a burden. Therefor I paid the full amount after a few month so that I fulfill my promise, which is a vow. If you do not pay what you have promised, you find yourself under a curse, instead of a blessing. Therefore I no longer make long term promises. I give to whom Yehovah leads me to give, and the amount He leads me to give.


When you make a vow to Elohim (God), do not delay to pay it; for He has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you have vowed -better not to vow than to vow and not pay.

Qohelet/Ecclesiastes 5:4-5


All our words are record in heaven. Therefore we should never make a vow, which is a promise we make to Yehovah. He will not bless you if you do not keep your vow, or promise.


The Corinthians had promised to give, and now the apostle Shaul/Paul, was reminding them, for their own benefit that is. He knew they would not be blessed if they fail to fulfill their promise.

Let us see the other part of the verses in Corinthians. We will be blessed, and he says that according to what measure we use we will also receive. This is a huge or very great promise. My question is: why do believers still do not give? Or why give only very little when they have the ability to give more?

I can give you the answer. They do not believe Yehovah is going to bless them. They do not trust Him.

And they are living in fear of lack. They do not have faith in Him. They do not believe He will bless them. This is sad, and miss on so many blessing, including joy.


Personally I have experienced that when I give all I receive tremendous joy. Immediately I sense Yehovah is pleased with me.

Therefore I choose to give and I trust that He will not allow me to starve if I give, but even if I would, I figure, I go to heaven ahead of time, and that is wonderful.


This is how I actually fought the devil when he temped me no to give. However, Yehovah always abundantly blessed me, especially when I gave sacrificially.


I pray, you, reader, if you have not yet learned to be generous, please begin now. Especially now in the coming month of December, begin to send gifts to those who have offended you, and you will experience joy unspeakable!

Give to all Yehovah leads you to give. And please, do not expect to receive back from those you give. But Yehovah will be faithful and surprise you with supernatural income!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment